Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What a day!

Hope everyone had a great Weds. I can't believe we are almost at the end of the week. Today was a crazy day with work. I was out of the office most of the day, which was nice, but still work! 

Before my Manager and I hit the road for a business meet up, I snacked on a tangelo and a 100cal pk of almonds.  Good thing I had this snack because we didn't get to eat lunch until 3pm! I was sooo hungry! We ate at Legal Seafoods. I ordered the grilled blackened salmon salad with the lemon vinaigrette on the side. This salad was very fresh and delish! When we sat down we were starving. The waiter immediately served  us fresh, hot rolls. Of course I had one...well okay maybe I had two! They were small, I swear! I find it very hard to resist good fresh hot bread, ya know?

For dinner Matt and I decided to go out. This is not like us to do in the middle of the week, but I was tired and felt that it would be nice to not cook and clean up AND get to relax and catch up with him.  We went to Charlie Brown Steakhouse. Weds. night is free shrimp night...yes FREE, so I could not resist and ordered shrimp cocktail (about 5 small shrimp and cocktail sauce). I also had a salad from the salad bar, chockfull of fresh veggies. For my entree I order prim rib. I cut around the fat, although it was a decent cut...not too fatty at all. I am not usually a big fan a red meat, however, I do from time to time crave it. I ate some of the baked potato with a little bit of margarine. 

All and all it wasn't a terrible eating day. 

My FIRM Transformation set arrived in the mail today. I am very excited to get started with a strength training program. I do fine with cardio, but I have been slacking in weight training. I am getting up bright and early to try out one of the 45min. dvds that it comes with. I will start off with lights weights and work myself up. It seems to be a mix of aerobic and strength training using light weights. 

Heading off to relax. I need to get a decent night of sleep so I can get in a good work out in the am.


2 comments: