Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hello 2009!

Happy New Year to all!

Wow, this is my very first post. I have been reading blogs related to living a healthy lifestyle for about a year now. I decided to become part of the blogging community and start my own blog in order to help myself reach my goals. I am trying my best to lose around 10 pounds through healthy eating and exercise. 

Last night my fiance Matt and I met up with 3 other couples at a Spanish Restaurant. We had 8pm reservations but we were not seated until 8:40pm. I was starving once we got to our table. We all dug right into the bread! I had 2 slices with a little bit of butter. We decided not to order appetizers and instead all got salads. Good choice. For my entree I ordered shellfish in a garlic, white wine and parsley sauce. They also served yellow rice, veggies, and fried potato slices family style. With dinner I enjoyed 2 glasses of red sangria. Dinner was very yummy.

After dinner we left this group of friends and went to my best friend's apartment. There we hung out and relaxed with her and her fiance, and another couple. I had a cup of coffee, some fresh fruit salad and 3 small brownie bites that I brought.  We rang in the New Year low key with our closest friends in a nice cozy apartment! It was 18degrees here in NJ last night.

Today I woke up around 9am and had a cup of coffee. I already did some laundry and folded clothes. I plan on getting in a quick 30min workout on my elliptical this am before I get showered and dressed. Matt is working today (darn retail!) so I am going to head to my parents for dinner. 

Just a side note: Since I am so new to this blogging thing it might take me a while to get used to it and post pics. Please bare with me. I am sure it will get better as I learn more.

Have a great day all!

No comments:

Post a Comment