Sunday, January 4, 2009

Saturday evening spent with friends

I am going to try to make this quick...it's after midnight already and I'm exhausted. Dinner tonight with our friends was great! We went to an Irish Pub here in our town. Michelle and I split a side salad with balsamic dressing to start. I am not sure if I was just starving or if that was just an excellent salad. For my meal I got a grilled chicken and portobello mushroom wrap. It has carmalized onions and swiss cheese. This came with sweet potato fries. I ate every single bite...plus a pickle and a taste of cole slaw. I really enjoyed dinner and do not feel guilty for eating everything on my plate. I felt the portion was just about right. 

After dinner we cam back to our place. I had a cup of decaf coffee, 1/2 a low fat brownie and some fruit. I feel like today's food intake was okay. Yes, I splurged a bit (out to eat), however, I am allowing myself 1 splurge mea a week. I really would like to lose a few pounds, and really just improve my overall fitness factor. With this means keeping calories and a healthy diet in check!

How often do you allow yourself a splurge meal? (I am referring to a whole meal, not just 1 treat.)

Well that's all for now. I will be back in the am. Matt and I have a very low key day planned for tomorrow. I do not plan on going anywhere. I am even just going to workout at home. 

Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. my splurge meal usually occurs on friday or saturday... sometimes i have one on both days but i just make sure i get in an intense workout, etc..., but lately w/ the holidays ive been having quite a few :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Yeah this Holiday season was tough for me too. I am slowly getting back on track.

    ReplyDelete