Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Good Old Tues evening...and scale victory!

Hey everyone! I can't believe it is almost mid-week already. Work dragged by which was odd since I was so busy. This morning I decided to step on the scale...something I haven't done since before New Years. I lost 2lbs. I was very happy about this. Since July I have put on about 8lbs so I am trying my best to get back on track.

They were saying an ice storm for this part of NJ so I skipped the gym and worked out at home on my Nordic Track Elliptical. Some days I feel really lucky that I have a piece of exercise equipment right in my apartment. ...makes things easier when the gym is out of the question.

For a mid-afternoon snack I had a small handful of trail mix (soy nuts, almonds, dried cranberries & raisins). Sorry no pic. I feel funny taking pictures of my food in front of my co-workers. This is just me...I am still new to this whole blogging thing. 

Lunch was a salad with grilled chicken, olives, tomato , drizzled with Newman's Own Balsamic.  I had Triscuit crackers on the side. I did not eat the apple or string cheese shown. I was full and content after the salad and crackers. 

Afternoon snacks were a SoyJoy bar and a tangelo. 

After work I came right home, changed into workout clothes and got on my elliptical and did 30mins watching the News. It felt good to get some activity in today.

Dinner was very good yet quick and easy! Shrimp, bay scallops sauteed in 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic, parsley, ground black pepper and low sodium, fat free chicken broth. I find that using the broth makes a more liquid broth.  I added in canned diced tomatoes at the end. This I served over brown rice with a side of steamed broccoli. 

 If I get hungry for a snack I will probably go for some fruit. 

Tomorrow I will be on the road for work. I need to make a store visit with my Manager. I have no idea what lunch will be. We will most likely have a business lunch. Hopefully I can get a great salad and/or soup. 

Off to rest and get to bed at a decent time. Waking up for the gym in the am. Wish me luck! I have been having a difficult time getting to the gym in the early mornings.

'Night!

Do you workout in the am or evening? What motivates you to get in an early am workout?

No comments:

Post a Comment