Saturday, January 10, 2009

Spinning maniac and orange lunch!

Well my 45min spin class this am turned into a 1 hour and 30 minute ride! The instructor was staying after class to ride with her friends and invited anyone else who would like to join. I decided, what the heck! It was just a few of us in there, and it was great. 

After the gym I stopped at the grocery store, and again it was a mad house! It is cold out and snowing, just a little. People act like the world is coming to an end!

I was sooo hungry when I got home so I made a substantial lunch.  I made a turkey and provolone panini on a whole wheat roll. I used 2 slices of turkey breast and 2 slices of low fat provolone cheese. I scooped out the inside of the roll to remove of excess bread and also added fresh baby spinach and a roasted red pepper. 

This was soooo good! Very satisfying.   Along side I add baby carrots and ummm Cheddar Sun Chips! Yes this is where the orange comes from! I counted out 1 serving of the chips so now I just need to resist going back for more. Chips are a weakness for me but I was really craving them so I got them. Hey, everything is okay in moderation. 

Honey Mustard is one of my favorite dressings and dipping sauces. Last night at the grocery store I grabbed a bottle of Ken's Lite Honey Mustard. Silly me didn't read the ingredient list and it had HFCS! I was disappointed when I went to use it on my panini. I was bummed, but oh well. I really do not eat alot of foods with it, besides some dressings and ketchup. I hear that Organic Ketchup is without HFCS. Is this true and does it taste the same? 

Can anyone recommend a great healthier Honey Mustard dressing?

Now I am off to shower, do laundry, fold a bunch of clothes and clean the house. Fun fun! Matt is working until 6pm. We are staying in all evening due to the expected snow. A light dinner is planned and we hope to watch a couple of good movies.

Be back later!

6 comments:

  1. Here's a pretty basic recipe from Alton Brown that is easy to make: 2 tbsp honey, 3 tbsp dijon mustard, 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar. Wisk together in bowl and serve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Newman's Own has a lite honey mustard dressing, it's pretty tasty. However, it still has 70 calories per tablespoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i only like yellow :)

    Kelly Turner
    www.everygymsnightmare.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have had the Newmans Own. I should have gotten that again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. check out wholemato organic agave ketchup. agave is used instead of sugar or hfcs.

    ReplyDelete